Saturday, November 05, 2005

Aspects of Love


After being sick for almost 3 days, I'm finally well and ready to party once more.

As soon as my body permitted me to stand up, I decided to go out and see the sun again. I went out together with my partner to watch Aspects of Love, a musical by Andrew Lloyd Webber. It was a powerful stage play with a really interesting plot and a lot of twists. Monique Wilson and Jake Macapagal starred as lead roles and was performed at Republic of Malate. Its production isn't as grandiose as Miss Saigon and the music is incomparable to Rent, but the story is remarkable. My lesbian friends, most especially, would surely enjoy the kissing scenes between women.

It's all about the aspects of love, as the title goes. Yes, Love--with all its mystery, passion and confusion. And as their song goes, love changes everything, brings you glory, brings you shame.Nothing in the world will ever be the same.

The major problem was the sound. There were some parts that I could barely hear and understand what the actors were singing.

Anyway after the musical, we had dinner at Blue Frog, a French resto. We had lasagna and steak. The food's good. In fact, their steak's better than the ones they have at Outback. Plus the service is outstanding. You gotta try it!

Since we got nowhere else to go after, we decided to go home past midnight and watch a marathon of Queer As Folk in DVD and just spend more quality time together. I missed doing just that, cuddling in bed while watching tv. That was my night's highlight. Nothing beats that.

When I woke up the following day, I got a message from a friend saying she's worried that she has cancer because her doctor advised her to have a biopsy because of the lump on her neck. I hope it's nothing. I pray it's nothing. I'm gonna keep on praying til she's alright.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home