Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Death Threat


At 2:09PM today, I got a message via text from an uknown number. The message goes, "Ikaw ba si tristan (last name here)? Kung ikaw nga, p*#%ng |&@ nyong dalawa!" I just thought "Huh? " and didnt pay much attention to it. Though at the back of my head, I was kinda thinking, "sinong kaming dalawa?" Is it me and my split personality? Maybe.

I didnt bother to reply nor even entertain the message coz it didnt make much sense to me. But after awhile, the person texted again and this time sent an MMS of a car (blue/black-Im not sure but I think it's a Honda). And from the angle of the pic, you would see that the person taking the photo was hidden or crouching behind a fence with a text saying, "INGATKNALNGDMOLAMKUNGKELANDATING".

That's when I felt disturbed.

I felt disturbed NOT because I got scared of the threat. I got deeply bothered by the way I interpreted the whole message. First, the picture. Why did he send me a photo of a car? Does it mean my efforts paid off from clicking countless ads online in hope that I'd win a brand new car? Second, why was he hiding behind a fence? Was it because he's trying to be artistic with the whole photography thingy and tried to make it look a bit abstract? Third, why were the text in all caps? Was there something wrong with his low-budget phone and it's not capable of keying words in lower case or was he just simply trying to hurt my eyes? If that's the case, he should have underlined the words and made them flash to make it more hypnotic. Fourth, why were there no spaces between the words? Was he trying to save space so as not to break the message in two and ultimately save a piso? Because if this was a serious threat, I dont think the sender would try to squeeze everything in a single message para makatipid ng piso sa text and risk of not getting his point across. And lastly, fifth, why were the words misspelled? At first glance I thought it was some sort of an alien code that would melt me with a laser beam emanating from my phone if I stared on the message for too long from trying to decipher what it meant. For crying out loud, it's Tagalog! Dont give me a hard time by at least spelling the words right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home