Tuesday, November 01, 2005

To the Beat Of the Drum



Written Sept 1, 2005

I was browsing through my discs and miraculously I saw my old techno music collection. Almost instantaneously I was sent back in time. I dunno 'bout you guys but I was one of those who used to frequent clubs, consortiums, rave parties and what not. I was there when Faces, Club Mars, Euphoria and the other cool clubs were still around while dancing to the tune of Always and Groove Is in the Heart with my platinum blonde hair on. Oh yes! I was blonde once for two weeks doing the butterfly dance up to the wee hours of the morning. Of course my Dad was furious. But what can I do? I was young, carefree and having a joie de vivre.

It's fun to look back. I wonder whatever happened to the folks that I used to hangout with 4x a week in the clubs. Were they able to outgrow the club scene? I doubt it. They party more than I do. But who knows.

In the meantime, I'm gonna dance again and do my moves in my room after a really long time to the beat of the drum.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home